Sunday 10 November 2013

Lest We Forget

I couldn't post on Remembrance Sunday without paying tribute to all the men and women who have given up their lives to keep this country free.
 
I always make sure that my boys attend a Remebrance service, because I think it's important for the younger generation to realise what previous young men and women have done for us.
 
I've been doing some research on the Second World War, particularly reading accounts of people who survived in the Forgotten Voices series of books, and  I have been humbled by what people have been prepared to do to keep this county safe.
 
It's all to easy, with the passage of time, to forget the sacrifices which have been made, and I feel that our children, who really are living in a time of privilege, should be made aware of just how lucky they are.
 
In church today, the children spoke of our freedom.  Without the people who fought in previous wars, whether they lived or died, we wouldn't today have the priviledge of that freedom, and that is something more than worthy of remembrance.
 
So, this blog post, is my message of thanks, to all those people who scraficed so much for our futurres.  We owe you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...