Tuesday 26 February 2013

Busy Busy


It’s been a busy few weeks but now, thankfully, I have the time to re-group and, hopefully, get some work done.

Youngest’s arm is fixed and my eldest now has a permanent brace fitted to his teeth – top and bottom.  The words, Metal Mickey, spring to mind, but bless him, he’s adjusting to it really well and so far is taking the cleaning of it, which is a bit of a nightmare, really seriously. 

And now, without trying to tempt fate, I have a clear run ahead of me without a plethora of hospital, doctors and dentists appointments to attend.

Last week was half term, and needless to say, I didn’t get much writing done.  It was also my husband’s birthday so we were busy busy, including watching Les Miserables at the cinema, which was fab, a trip to the theatre to see Phantom of the Opera (third time for us oldies, a first for the boys).  The boys loved both Les Miserables and Phantom, what cultured children! In fact, at the theatre, they were better behaved than the adults who were sitting behind us (but that’s another story).

We also had a visit to Quarry Bank Mill in Styal and The Grosvenor Museum in Chester (other children get to go to theme parks, but not mine poor things! They will thank me later in life.)

I’m looking forward to a quiet week now, applying my bottom to my desk chair and my fingers to my keyboard.
 
Just need to un-cross those fingers now

1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting everything out the way in one go. Best of luck with the writing.

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...