Wednesday 14 December 2022

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Well, the weather is certainly Christmassy enough at the moment, whether or not it will last until the big day is debatable though! I don’t mind snow at Christmas, its only when I have to get to work or other places that I find it annoying, if not sometimes scary. Not a bit fan of defrosting the car either, but it can certainly look pretty, especially when the sun's shining as it was this morning.


As anyone who has followed this blog for a while knows, I can be a bit of a grump about Christmas, especially as five years ago I lost my father suddenly during the festive period.

 

But this year, in an effort not to be a Christmas humbug, I’m doing my very best to embrace the season of goodwill.

 

A few weekends ago I wrote my Christmas cards whilst watching Love Actually and I even managed a mince pie.



And once the present buying is out of the way (nearly there!) I’ll be able to embrace the season fully, especially as for the first time since I had my own home, I won’t be the one cooking Christmas dinner.

 

But I won’t forget to spare a thought for those who are less fortunate than myself and of course, make some charitable donations.

 

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...