Friday 16 November 2018

Getting My Mojo Back


So far 2018 hasn’t been the most productive year of my writing life.  There have been many other things to deal with and for the large part I have been concentrating on my recovery from my illness in February, which has taken longer than expected.  But in September I received the news that my brain has healed well and I don’t have to have any more surgery which, quite frankly, I was dreading.  My Rheumatoid Arthritis unfortunately still isn’t under control and I’m having to trial different medication, but that I can deal with. I’m still here and for that I am truly grateful.

Both illnesses cause me to experience fatigue so after a day in work, it is often difficult to summon up the energy to write but I’m trying to slot little bits of writing in whenever I can and by trying to do a little bit each day, even if it is only a little bit, I can finally feel my writing mojo returning. 

I’ve only managed to submit two stories this year, hardly likely to earn my fortune, but I’m delighted to say that both of them have been accepted by The People’s Friend.

The first one, Working It Out, is in this week’s edition of The Friend.

I was overjoyed last week to receive an email asking me to be the online Writer of the Week.

Seeing my story in print is still something of a novelty to me and thoroughly exhilarating. I’m not sure when the next one will be published, but I can’t wait. It’s certainly given me a much needed push to write more.

So a big thank you to The People’s Friend for helping me to get my mojo back, and hopefully there will be many more published stories to come.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the two People's Friend successes.

    Stay positive.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it feels like a real turning point and has given me confidence to carry on!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...