Thursday 4 September 2014

Back To School

Not only was yesterday back to school for the boys but for me too as I attended a course in Manchester.

Unfortunately it wasn’t a writing course, that would have been much more fun, but was a fundraising course for work.

It was an early start, leaving the house at 7.30, and making sure that both the boys were up and ready for school before I left, and a bit of shock to the system.  But it was a lovely day, typical that the weather has turned so warm and dry now that school is back.

I had a lovely hour on the train reading and writing, a rare bit of peace with no interruptions from email and technology.  I love train journeys, they are like being in your own special bubble.

The course itself was very intense, lasting from 9.30 – 4.30 and by the end of it I felt as though my brain was in complete overload.  I’m just not used to studying so hard anymore and I felt complete sympathy for the boys being in school all day, I’d forgotten how tough it can be.

I met some lovely people though and even one who only lives round the corner from me so I hope that we will keep in touch and be able to help each other in our jobs.  A small world hey?


By the time I got home it was gone 6, and my husband took us all to the pub for tea.  A lovely end to a long, hard day.

3 comments:

  1. It is so sad when the holidays come to an end. Ours didn't go back till the 4th.

    Your train journey sounds lovely and your tea in the pub :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I was jumping for joy when the kids went back to school but perhaps the difference between children and grandchildren! Had a lovely day full of peace and quiet on Thursday with them all at school and work and even managed to get some writing done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel the same with my kids - my husband says it's because I'm a control freak and don't like having to be in a particular place at a particular time!! The cheek of it, but probably a little bit true ;-) x

      Delete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...