Tuesday 18 March 2014

Paddington Bear

I was really excited to learn that there is a film coming out in the autumn featuring one of my favourite children's TV characters (I know I need to get out more don't I?)



When I was a child, I adored everything Paddington Bear: the books, the TV programmes, I even carried a miniature bear around with me wherever I went.  Paddington was my best friend, I told him my hopes, my fears and my dreams. I suppose he was my version of an imaginary friend. (Now, that sounds even sadder doesn't it?)

The film is being produced by the makers of the Harry Potter films, so I imagine it will be a slick production and from the few clips I have seen, I am already hooked.  

I'm afraid I'm going to have to rope one of my boys into going to the cinema with me - I'm not so sad that I will go and see a children's film without any children!  Do you think they might need the number for Childline?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to the new Muppet film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've seen a trailer for that - the only time I get to go to the cinema is to watch children's films!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...