Wednesday 26 February 2014

Catching Up

Well the good news is I survived half term last week and life is back to normal again.

It was the first time in a while that I've had to go out to work during the school holidays and finding out at the last minute that the football school the boys usually go to wasn't on, was a bit of a worry.

But thankfully friends rallied and as I only worked two days I managed to reciprocate their kindness later in the week.

The boys had a great time, they went bowling, to the cinema, on sleepovers and football in the park.  My eldest even managed bouldering - that's indoor rock climbing without ropes to the un-initiated like me. I even managed to persuade them to do a spot of homework!  

I didn't get much else done mind you.

Well, we've collected up all the sponsorship for our walk and we raised £267.10 which I'm really pleased about.  I've banked the money and Charlie has written up the project so all is well.  I'm going to carry on with the walking though - just as soon as I can get down the Greenway without my wellies.

At the moment I'm trying to edit some old stories and generate some new ideas because I feel that I need to create something new (editing feels more of a chore sometimes). I need an injection of enthusiasm!

Watch this space.

Take care all, hope you're having a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy week, Linda. Glad you managed to sort the child care out - it's always a problem in holiday times (luckily I was a teacher so I didn't have to worry when my children were young.)

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...