Tuesday 18 December 2012

Here's One I Prepared Earlier


By the way, I forgot to mention, I did complete NaNoWriMo.  In the end I was so fed up with my writing that at 45,000 words I sat down and refused to come off the computer until it was finished.  It was a bit of a slog, but an amazing sense of satisfaction.

Whether I'll ever by able to bash it into something that is a coherent piece of writing is another matter.  The trouble with writing to this deadline means that sometimes you write a lot of rubbish and waffle just to get your  word count for the day.  And I have to admit that my plot changed as I wrote, so the end story probably doesn't match up to the story I started at the beginning.
 
But anyway.  It's done. I have 50,000 words that I didn't have at the beginning of the month, and may be one day I'll be able to do something with it.

Now, I'm off to have a look at the novel I had critiqued by the RNA in the summer, it's been sleeping for too long in my desk drawer and it's time for it to get some exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...