Monday 28 May 2012

Impersonating a Chipmunk

For the last few days I have been doing a really good impersonation of a chipmunk - believe me it's not a good look.

On Thursday I had to have some dental surgery on my gum to try and resolve a persistant problem I've been having with an abcess above one of my teeth. I've had two root canal treatments but they didn't work so they decided to tackle the problem through the gum.

It's not a pleasant procedure because they have to cut the gum and then stitch it back up again, and now I have a mouth full of stitches.  I was warned that there would be some swelling and possible bruising.  Thankfully there hasn't been any bruising but I did wake up on Friday morning feeling like I'd been hit by a cricket bat - hence the chipmunk impression.

The swelling has gone down now thankfully and I am being to look like me again.  Still a bit sore and tender but it's worth it if it's going to do the trick.

I was warned that I would have to rest for a few days.  I'm not very good at resting but I decided to take the advice given to me and took a couple of days off work.  And did I pick the right two days?  I ignored the fact that the garden desperately needs weeding, did a bit of writing and a lot of reading.   It was hard work topping up the tan though.  It's wonderful being outside and I'm loving this weather, although it does make me want to take an afternoon nap, which is a bit difficult now that I'm back at work.

I'm sure the weather will break soon, but fingers crossed for a good weekend, it would make the celebrations so much nicer bathed in sun.

I hope it's fine tomorrow too as the Olympic torch will be coming through Chester and I hope to take the boys to see it.  Not sure if we will get to see much, if anything, as it's bound to be crowded, but it's a once in a lifetime experience and I would love my boys to be part of it.

Take care

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...