Friday 9 March 2012

BBC Radio 2 500 Word Short Story Competition

I forgot to mention in my last post - last week my youngest entered Radio 2's 500 word short story competition.  Out of thousands of entries, I doubt he will stand a chance of being in the top 25 for his age group, but I'm so proud that he finished his story.  500 coherent words is a lot for an 8 year old to write and to see him diligently tapping away at his laptop was the equivalent of a sugar rush.

Even more encouraging was the fact that, with a little encouragement, he was prepared to edit his first draft until he was happy with his entry.  He's chuffed, I'm chuffed and we've both learnt a lot.   So it's win, win all round I think.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely - good luck to him :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Teresa, I've got my fingers and my toes crossed for him!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...