Tuesday 15 November 2011

Holiday Reads

I haven't reviewed any books recently so today I thought I'd review two of the best books I read on my recent holiday.  They are:

A Weekend with Mr Darcy – Victoria Connelly

From the moment I started to read this book I was hooked.  I loved the two female characters, Dr Katherine Roberts and the younger Robyn, and wanted each of them to find true love.  
At times I did find their reactions to the situations they found themselves in a little frustrating but overall, it didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the book.
I loved being plunged into the world of Austen mania and have been inspired to re-read her novels, and all things regency.  A perfect holiday read.

And:

Want to Know A Secret? – Sue Moorcroft


I read Starting Over a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I was looking forward to reading this novel.   What can I say?  I certainly wasn’t disappointed.

I loved the main character – Diane – and really felt for her as she gradually finds out how much her husband has betrayed her.  At first she thinks he has been having an affair but the truth is so much worse than that.

The characters are drawn brilliantly. Her husband is such a manipulating, controlling and convincing liar – boo, hiss.
 
Diane, though, is a strong woman and the story charts how she deals with the fallout from her husband’s helicopter crash (pardon the pun) and how she becomes even stronger as a result.

I loved every minute of this book and can’t wait to read All That Mullarkey.



And now its back to the "To Be Read" pile.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great reviews. I'm very interested in getting hold of 'Want to know a secret' I shall put it on my Xmas List.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jarmara

    Thanks for dropping by - I've enjoyed both the books I've ready by Sue Moorcroft, so I don't think you'll be disapointed.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...