Sunday 18 July 2010

Ouch!!!

I went to two parties last night - my nephew's 18th at an Indian restaurant and a friend's birthday at her house.

I can't remember what time I staggered back and I do mean staggered - two steps forward and one step back.

I was woken this morning by my husband's alarm going off at 7am - he's playing golf - and then his friend coming to collect him and ringing the doorbell, waking up the children.

My head is pounding. No pounding isn't the right word. It feels if I move it too quickly it might actually fall off. That's if I don't hack it off myself with a blunt knife. I swear I'll never drink again.






Until the next time.

Happy Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Just had to come over and say thank you so much for your lovely words on my blog. I keep reading them over and over, and each time I feel so honoured, firstly that you found my blog all that time ago, and secondly that you have stuck with me on this journey. It means a great deal to me, as agonised, slogged and cried is pretty much exactly how it has been! I still can hardly believe it’s off into the world. I keep being convinced that I actually sent out a pile of blank paper and a cat hair. AGH! I would have that thought right before bed, wouldn’t I? :)

    I am very impressed as well by your two parties in one night. Very rock and roll! Hope your head recovered nicely. I was in a similar state on Saturday after being forced to drink Prosecco by two of my best friends. Lovely, but ouch the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne

    Thanks for dropping by. I had to leave a comment on your blog as getting through the editing process truly deserves respect. Sometimes the writing is easier than making the writing work and as I didn't get that far on my first novel before getting distracted by writing my second I admire your perseverance.

    Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of a very exciting journey.

    As for rock as roll - as my life is usually taxying others, cooking, cleaning and tidying then yes I suppose last weekend was - for me anyway!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...