Tuesday 26 March 2013

Times They Won't Be Changing

Or at least not in the near future.

No, I didn’t get the job, but in many ways I’m rather glad.

Yes, the money would have come in very handy, and the routine of going out to work most days of the week would be more within my normal comfort zone, but when the phonecall came, my gut instinct was, Please don’t say I’ve got the job.

At the interview I realised that there was a lot of restructuring going on in the workplace, a few redundancies too, and that there would be quite a lot of ruffled feathers to smooth over.

When I was made redundant I saw it as an opportunity to change my life, and going back to my original workplace would be counter productive in terms of what I want to do with my life.

But the application and interview process wasn’t a waste of time either. It just made me realise that I have been procrastinating for a while.

Now I need to get out there and earn some money but by doing something I want to do.

That’s the hard part, so when I’m not putting my bum on my chair and writing, I need to get my bum off the chair and get some work.

Sounds a bit like a workout out to me, maybe I’ll lose some weight at the same time. Sounds like a win / win situation to me.
 
PS Calamity George is out of plaster and went off to Conway yestearday.  So far no SOS phonecalls - my fingers are crossed so much I've got cramp!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, that's a difficult one. Just have to make sure a better opportunity comes along!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...