Friday 22 March 2013

Old Wives' Tales

 
At the beginning of March, when we were revelling in a rare show of warm spring sunshine, I remember remarking to my husband that we would be in for a sorry time weather-wise at the end of March.
The old saying “In like a lion, out like a lamb” with reference to March weather also works in reverse, and as the beginning of March was lamb-like, I anticipated bad weather towards the end of the month.  But I was thinking in terms of some harsh March winds, not snow and blizzard conditions.
Snow settled overnight here and although it has been snowing all day, it's rather slushy, and so everything is wet underfoot and on the roads rather than icy and frozen.
Lucky us, because I know it’s so much worse in other parts of the country.
Good luck to you wherever you are.
Football training has been cancelled tonight and as I have nowhere else I have to go, I’ve put the fire on and am planning to settle down either in front of the TV or with a good book. 
Hope you’re in a position to do the same.
Take care and have a good weekend.
 
Linda

3 comments:

  1. Football training? Are you on a team? My daughter does football training and is the only girl on a team of men - and no, I don't think she's any good. I suspect her motives ha ha.No snow here in the south - just miserable rain, rain, rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This awful cold weather must end soon, surely! Glad you haven't got to set out tonight - home's best at the moment. Makes you wonder what April showers are going to be like though!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy

    No, I'm not on a team, far too much of a couch potato for that, but both my boys are, so I get to be taxi driver and supporter. So glad a lot of games have been cancelled so far this year - I am definitely a fair weather friend.

    Teresa, I know, I keep thinking it's spring and then seeing the snow on the ground - very confusing, especially with the clocks going forward this coming weekend.

    April showers? With the extremes we've been having, there is bound to be flooding somewhere!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...