Sunday 5 June 2016

Enjoying the Sunshine



I don't know about you but it's rare that I get a day doing things I want to do.  Today, my husband went to golf while my children were happy to chill.  There was nothing on the agenda - no family commitments, no taxi service to administer, the house was as clean as it gets and the garden bin was full so I couldn't do any more gardening.  So for a change I decided to suit myself.

If the rain had been pelting down, I might have spent a productive day writing, but I'm afraid to say that I spent the day reading instead - well the laptop is no good in the garden, and it was far to hot to hold a pen.  It wasn't all indulgent reading though, I did some research, caught up with Writing Magazine and yes I did read my current book on the tbr list - The Lake House by Kate Morton.  As much as I love Kate Morton, I've struggled a bit to get into this book, but today I got well and truly engrossed in it.  (Much to husband's annoyance when I decided that I didn't want to go to the pub or eat / cook Sunday dinner - but that's another story.

I might be feeling a little guilty about not writing today when I had the time, but I'm justifying it by telling myself that there are days when you just need to recharge your batteries.  Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Hope you have all had a nice weekend and the weather has been just as good with you.  Long may it last, although judging by our climate it's highly unlikely.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a great way to recharge your batteries - and we've waited so long for the good weather, you're right to make the most of it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive day to me! I'm always feeling guilty about not finding/ making enough time to read. Instead of making do with a few minutes before I fall asleep at night perhaps I should follow your example and give myself a whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa

    Yes, we can't be too complacent about the weather - I always think there will be plenty of time and then the rain comes!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda

    I never usually get the opportunity, but still didn't stop me from feeling guilty! (although I did enjoy it - felt like being on holiday)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...