Monday 14 March 2016

Teenage Tantrums




The trouble with teenagers is that they always think they know best; they refuse to listen to their parents (particularly their mothers) when they are talking sense; they can't see the point of keeping their bedrooms tidy (even though they fly into a panic because they can't find what they need two seconds before they need to leave for school); and despite all this they still expect the bank of mum and dad to be open all hours, and taxis to be available 24 / 7 without any prior notice.

The plus side of this frustration is that I spent the most part of this weekend trying to avoid my own truculent teenagers.  I was so annoyed that I didn't feel guilty about spending some time on my own instead of pandering to their every whim and I actually managed to edit two short stories.  

So, the moral of this story is, there is a plus side to everything, even after tearing your hair out!

2 comments:

  1. Surely you read your parent manual? Page 3067 - Teenagers do know it all! :):) So pleased you managed to escape and had some 'me' time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes I did read that page. And page 3068 has a paragraph on how their teachers will prove them wrong - and wipe the floor with their parents at the same time!

    See my next post for page 3069!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...