Thursday 19 March 2015

A Bad Day At The Office

Not only was yesterday indeed a bad day at the office, sorting out the mess other people had made, but when I arrived home the bad news continued.

When I opened the door I was greeted by the ominous sight of an A4 envelope at my feet.

At first I thought it was The People's Friend returning my story, but it wasn't, it was my novel which I only sent out last week.

Sure enough attached to it was a standard rejection letter.  Whilst I'm pleased that they didn't keep me hanging around before giving me a no, I was slightly wounded by the speed at which it had been rejected.  

And then lo and behold, when I opened up my emails it was to receive a rejection for my story too.  And although it was a nice rejection, as always from The Friend, the result was still the same.

A double whammy you might say.

Oh well, these things happen and now I will have to send them both on elsewhere.  At least I've done the groundwork so it will be a simpler task this time round.

Onwards and upwards - I think I need to buy some more stamps before they go up in price at the end of the month.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, aren't days like that just horrible. On my blog, we share around the 'I've Been Rejected' T-shirt. We've all worn it at one time or another and we wear it with pride because we know that the only way from there is up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One week is suspiciously quick, especially as it must have been in transit for several days. Never mind, the rejectors will be kicking themselves when you hit the bestsellers lists.
    Stamps going up again?! Thank goodness for email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, yes, definitely think I deserve the T-shirt.

    Linda - thanks for the vote of confidence. I will be sending it back out again any day now.

    Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...