Wednesday 5 June 2013

Out Of Office


I’ve been a bad blogger during May. It’s mad.  Theoretically I have more time for writing now but I seem to be less productive.  I wouldn’t mind so much if I was spending my days lolling on the sofa, eating chocolates and drinking wine.  But I’m not. 
 
It’s a sad fact that if you’re not “working” people think your time isn't worth much, and can be used to their own ends.  I need to practise saying no – either that or just go away from the house and refuse to answer my phone.
However I do it, I’m determined that June is going to be a month when I finally find some focus.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

3 comments:

  1. I have, this week, had exactly the same conversation with a friend. I know I should set aside particular days of the week for writing but it is so hard - especially if it's a request from my daughter or mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do say 'I'm going to work now' and put the answerphone on - but it doesn't always work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard isn't it - trying to switch off and concentrate. If I let calls go to answerphone, then I'm twitched that it might be something important and then have to go into the other room to check it and hey presto - concentration gone!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...