Monday 16 July 2012

Wallowing Through Treacle


This just about sums my life up at the moment. Whatever I do seems like two steps forward and one step back. And that's before the children break up for the summer holidays. Experience tells me it's only going to get worse. All routine will go out of the window and I won't be able to find much head space to write.

And write I must because I really need to send off my NWS manuscript within the next month and I feel that it's nowhere near finished.

I have this increasing urge to run away from my life, find a country cottage or a log cabin somewhere, deny internet access, turn off the mobile and become a hermit.

Of course, this is all just wistful thinking because there is absolutely no chance of escape - or even getting away for the weekend without my family.

So I need to find solutions not problems. I've downloaded Peter Jones' book - How To Do Everything and Be Happy. Now I just need to find the time to read it.

Take Care

PS - Must stop downloading Kindle books - the ever increasing to be read pile - both physical and digital is just adding to the stress levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...